To start with launch a first manual sync:
Authenticating to your personal vault requires your email. You will be then asked to validate a second factor to register the CLI to your account.
- Master Password
- SSO (self-hosted only)
Confidential SSO (using Nitro Enclaves) and Password-Less authentication are not supported yet.
You must have:
- the latest Chrome browser (opens in a new tab) installed on your machine
- a visual interface to be able to authenticate in the browser
- a machine that has a keychain (macOS, Windows, Linux with libsecret installed for instance)
The CLI will open a new incognito tab to authenticate you to your SSO provider.
- Email code validation (default)
- TOTP code validation (via an authenticator app)
- Dashlane Authenticator push notification
- DUO push notification
By completing the device registration process, you'll be now asked to enter your Master Password.
By default your Master Password will be saved locally in the OS keychain so you don't have to enter it every time. You can disable this behavior with the following command:
dcli configure save-master-password false